Abidjan Climate & Temperature
- Abidjan, Ivory Coast is at 5°15'N, 3°55'W, 8 m (26 ft). See map.
- Abidjan has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Abidjan is situated in or near the tropical moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 26.6 degrees Celsius (79.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 3.4 °C (6.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1847.6 mm (72.7 inches) which is equivalent to 1847.6 Litres/m² (45.32 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2152 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Abidjan you would come out nearest to the climate station at Nadi, Viti Levu, Fiji where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Abidjan, Ivory Coast Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Tamale, Ghana - 572.5 kms (355.8 miles) NE
- Sokode, Togo - 697.7 kms (433.6 miles) NE
- Bondoukou, Ivory Coast - 336.3 kms (209 miles) NNE
- Atakpame, Togo - 615.3 kms (382.4 miles) ENE
- Bohicon, Benin - 696.6 kms (432.9 miles) ENE
- Kumasi, Ghana - 305.3 kms (189.7 miles) ENE
- Tabligbo, Togo - 618.9 kms (384.6 miles) ENE
- Lome, Togo - 582.5 kms (362 miles) E
- Accra, Ghana - 418.8 kms (260.2 miles) E
- Adiake, Ivory Coast - 70.3 kms (43.7 miles) E